1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

Palmer is Back...

Dieses Thema im Forum "VR Branche & Business" wurde erstellt von Hammerschaedel, 21. April 2017.

1. Der Google-Übersetzer ins englische ist nicht mal so schlecht. Ins deutsche nicht ganz so gut.

Quelle: http://www.moguravr.com/palmer-luckey-interview-third/
    Übersetzt mit: https://translate.google.com/?hl=de

The interview with Mr. Palmer Lucky, founder of Oculus who came to Japan in three separate occasions will also be the last round of this part.
    In the first part, the second part, Mr. Palmer asked what he is thinking in the person or person. Finally at the second part, I talked about the future of VR.
    What will happen to the VR in the coming years? What is the man who has made the current flow of VR and watched the cutting edge of the world's VR in フ ェ イ ス ブ ッ ク, what will he see in the future and what will be addressed in that? Mr. Palmer says that he is not good at predicting the future, but the talk with many suggestions continues.
    ※ This article includes spoiler of movie "Sword Art · Online Ordinal Scale".
    Here is the first part
    Here's the second part
    VRHMD + Future of Implants

- What is the final form of VR that Palmer thinks?
    Palmer: The final form is a direct neuro link (nerve connection). But, that is a story of a faraway future. I do not know when it will be realized while we are alive. Not only is it technically difficult, I do not know if it is feasible. Although there is research result that it may be realized by the technology of the research stage yet ... .... The brain is a very difficult interface to incorporate consciousness into the machine.
    - If the neurolink is in its final form but it is too far, what about decades
    Palmer: What we can realize is a combination of head mounted display (HMD) and implant technology. By embedding a sensor that can handle EMG in your ears and arms and using VRHMD with extremely high performance, you will be able to experience close to reality (you will be able to feel impacts like punches as well). There is no need to connect to the brain. And it is safer.
    - As the shape of VRHMD is always said by Oculus' s Michael Abrush etc, is it still sunglasses?
    Palmer: I think so. Some people think of contact lenses, but I do not believe that. Even if a contact version comes out it is obvious that sunglasses have better quality of experience. Both performance, display resolution, and battery are all over sunglasses.

VR / AR can be freely switched

- About the function next. Besides VR AR and MR, Augmented VR etc. Recently ◯ ◯ reality of various concepts has appeared, what do you think?
    Palmer: I do not mind how to say how to call. In the end it will be AR and VR glasses, I believe it will be one device. You will be able to come and go between the real world and the virtual world and you will be able to experience the world where reality and virtual are mixed. Whether its name is MR or XR, AR or VR, how to call may be each person (laugh)
    "Augmented VR" (2016.10, Oculus Connect 3) which recognizes the real space and reflects the real element in the VR

- That it is going to be the same thing.
    Palmer: The best image of AR will appear in theatrical version "Sword Art · Online Ordinal Scale" (Theatrical Version SAO). Currently, most AR devices are HUD (head up display, display information in view). On the other hand, the AR technology that appears in theatrical version SAO is closer to MR, and builds a virtual world based on reality. "Augmer" is a true true AR device.
    Theatrical version SAO Official Tisher

And I like the last scene the most. You can see that the secret 'full dive' system is installed on Auger. That is exactly the future. Augremer is exactly realizing what AR and VR are both in between. In one device, the AR game "Ordinal Scale", VR game "Sword Art Online", "Gangale Online" can be done in any game.
    And, the augmer is depicted as a device that can be used not only in games but also in everyday life. Walking around the city, shopping. I think that AR and VR will arrive at the augmer.
    - Anything can be done with AR or VR. The combination of HMD and the implant may take more than 20 years.
    Palmer: Future prediction is difficult. Removing it is said that "he did not know anything" (laugh)
    I know how to do an implant. Therefore, it will be possible next year, too .... It takes time for ordinary people to be able to do it. At least it can be said that it will take at least five years for everyone to want to do an implant.
    VR / AR can be freely switched

- So, what do you think will happen to VR in the future ahead of 5 years?
    Palmer: The shape of the device is improved. It will be lighter, thinner and more compact. Resolution improves, brightness and color are improved, and it becomes variable focus (*). And for as long as 5 years, you will see the brain-computer interface (BCI).
    - It's a technology that was announced in F8 of フ ェ イ ス ブ ッ ク.
    Palmer: That is just an example. Competition is about to start with this technology. A lot of people participate in the competition of BCI technology to move virtual things in the brain. Devices using BCI technology which has been available for general consumers are not yet usable at all. The one in the laboratory is completely different. If you could make a device that would generally sell ... ... the world will change.
    By the way, BCI has technology to control something by thinking in the brain, and technology to send information to the brain like the SAO's nerve gear, but the latter is said to be a much more difficult technology. The technology that I say that I will come out in the next 5 years is the technology that outputs information from the former brain.
    フ ェ イ ス ブ ッ ク reveals efforts to BCI (2017.5, F8)

The next year is the year of content, but exciting prototype appears

- So, how is next year? Of course I do think that there are lots of things I can not say (laugh)
    Palmer: Of course (haha) I will tell you a general story. There will be no major movement in 2018. Hardware will not change. Of course, a new company may also issue new hardware, but the major players are the same hardware.
    In that sense, the next 12 months may be a little fun for VR users waiting for new hardware. It is a period of content and application enrichment. But for VR developers and VR lovers it will be a very exciting 12 months. I think that there will be the latest announcement as prototypes came out.
    - Will it become an integrated type as well?
    Palmer: Maybe it might be. I can not say it (laugh)
    "360 degree live streaming including depth" to roam around the viewpoint of the other fundamentally changes the VR content

- What about the evolution of contents? Are there any interesting developments in live-action photography and CG?
    Palmer: 360 degrees video is interesting. But if you truly "capture the reality" you need to take depth information. In doing so, it is ideal to be able to actually move through the reality shot. The 360 degree movie with depth can be taken, real time depth, live streaming (the technology which makes the 360 degree movie with depth information come alive) is revolutionary. VR content will radically change. There are several companies developing this technology. Once this technology is realized "memory" can be recorded.
    And what if a camera is installed in the VRHMD itself? Once installed in an integrated form, you will be able to trace the memory of everyone in every place everyday. That's amazing. I think that this technology will be commercialized within five years. However, I think that it is not at the consumer level. First of all, I think that special things for professional creators will appear.
    Ultimately, these cameras are installed in VR / AR sunglasses that everyone uses and are always scanned. A state where the information is shared and a huge "world mapping" is done is visited. I think that it will definitely take more than five years to do this, but if you have five years, it will be possible to scan your living room. And everyone in the world will be able to visit your living room. Maybe a pretty girl will come to my room.
    Mr. Palmer's example close to the future and my opinion Microsoft's Windows Mixed Reality concept video

- It may be a virtual girl to come.
    Palmer: Of course!
    - There is Gatebox in Japan ... .... (Show Gatebox website)
    Palmer: That's right! This, this! It is! It is! It is! It is about 300,000 yen. I love this idea. It is very useful to tell me what the virtual assistant with AI wants to do. On the other hand there is danger. I talked about the SF stories I'm thinking about (Editing Note: Intermediate Edition), but if I began to leave everything to the computer, I am afraid of what happens if society as a whole gets it .
    I also want to use the AI wife assistant, but if everyone uses it everything will be managed by computers and it may be tough for society as a whole. It is annoying (lol)
    Gatebox Teaser image

- Shall we return to the depth live streaming story? (Laugh) The living room scan and the real time depth and live streaming are connected.
    Palmer: Yes. Room scanning is real time, not recorded, easy to use and put into practical use faster. It will emerge next year. Real time depth live streaming is real time so technical barriers are even higher.
    "I am trying to change VR again"

- What is the technology that Palmer is paying most attention to?
    Palmer: Of course it is VR!
    - That's right (laugh) Among them, is this field especially?
    Palmer: I can not say it yet (after having been worried quite a bit). All I can say is that I'm trying to change VR again (following Oculus Rift).
    - It is very powerful. I would like to look forward to seeing something clear. As a final question, would you like to come back to Machi ASOBI again? And when will you come to Japan?
    Palmer: If you talk about Unite and other events, I definitely want to come to machi asubi next year. And, next time you come to Japan, it is probably around this year's Tokyo Game Show. I'd like to come to Japan a lot more times but as I said at the very beginning of this interview, I am devoted to my work. Coming to Japan is mainly for enjoying ... .... It is regrettable that you declare that you do not do much work if you say that you increase the frequency. There were times when I lived in Japan and had trouble wondering whether to support the Japanese VR community in full time. Although I could not do it due to various circumstances, I would like to continue to support the Japanese VR developer community in some way.
    - Very long time, thank you!

Interview with Mr. Palmer · Lucky who has delivered three times is over. Even after leaving フ ェ イ ス ブ ッ ク, Mr. Palmer who is motivated to strengthen his thoughts on VR and to work vigorously on VR. Although it hinted during the interview, it seems that some new projects have already started.
    Mr. Palmer's values are influenced not only by Japanese animation and games but also by interviews. And I am keenly interested in Japanese VR development. I am planning to continue to Japan in the future. I'd like to look forward to his future projects and what will appear next time.

Marcus gefällt das.