1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

Yaw2 - Next gen motion simulator und smart chair

Dieses Thema im Forum "VR Motion und Laufbänder" wurde erstellt von Cyber733, 26. Februar 2021.

1. Ich habe ja die Pro Edition gebacked; auch mit Yaw Modul, und will auch das G-Add On dabei haben, was ja bedeutet, dass ich das kombinierte Yaw&G Modul bekäme. Das mit dem G Modul Add On wird aber doch eh erst nach Auslieferung wirklich so richtig gestartet in Sachen Entwicklung, da hatten sie damals gesagt, sie würden dann -wenn für den Backer okay - halt das Yaw 2 erstmal ohne das kombinierte Yaw&G Modul verschicken, das Yaw&G Modul dann nachliefern, wenn‘s fertig ist. Hat sich das jetzt geändert ? Dann wäre ich ja schon sicher erst irgendwann im nächsten Jahr dran.

Aber gut, dass die Pro Version erst nach der Standard Version geliefert wird, dann brauche ich nicht abwägen, sondern werde automatisch keine erste Charge abbekommen.

2. Ja, sowie ich aus dem Discord lese sind die Prototypen auch erst alles Standart Edition.Deswegen rechne ich auch erst mit nächstes Jahr, aber
    warten wir mal auf ne offizielle Ankündigung;)(kommt zwar alles von einem Mitarbeiter von YAw, aber ist halt nix offizielles)

axacuatl gefällt das.
  3. Videos vom neusten Typ aus San Diego, Las Vegas folgt nächstes Wochenende

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thomas-3D, axacuatl und SolKutTeR gefällt das.
  4. Hier noch was vom User Kaizen aus dem Discord Kanal:

It was smooth.. I've never tried another motion rig before and have never piloted a plane. So I have nothing to compare it to. That said, it was thrilling and added a HUGE amount of dimension to the experience. It was quite convincing. Really was exactly was I was wanting. I couldn't detect any lag between my actions and the YawVR2. That said, I didn't spend more than a few minutes on it and I was very lost in the experience (which is the whole point!).

The two YawVR2s ran for hours today without issue. They did get some breaks though, because the Quest 2s they were using ran out of charge and had to be recharged. I hope they do that better for the launch party, depending on how many people show up... lot's more people are going to want to try it in Vegas.
    One thing that was a really nice surprise was the vibration effect on the unit. It was more significant than I had expected. When they started the sim and my plane was idling, there was a very substantial engine rumble going on... I will still probably add my buttkicker to the setup for additional effect (I'm not sure if VR Sim Wizard got clarified how that is to be achieved).
    Pulling back that throttle and having the chair rock back is just as awesome as you think it will be.

There were a few backers there, and the feedback from all of them was extremely positive. Everyone I saw (including myself) only become more excited and more anxious to receive theirs!
    I congratulated Zsolt and the team that was there. They have created something that is absolutely amazing that will bring a lot of people a lot of joy. I'm blown away.

Noise was less than I expected. I didn't hear any motor noise at all, just mainly some gear noise. It was absolutely acceptable. During the rollercoaster it was much noisier than the flight sim, obviously as the movement was much more extreme. In either case I didn't even notice it when I was using it, only when others were and I was close.

SolKutTeR und Sashmigo gefällt das.
  5. Hier jetzt die schriftliche Meinung von dem VR Sim Wizard:

I'll expound on these thoughts when I get my video edited and assembled, but I'll summarize here.

The Yaw 2 was a lot smaller and a lot sturdier than I had expected. It was almost completely silent, other than the click-clack noise of the components bumping into each other (in other words, couldn't hear the fans or the motors). Now, some of this might be the result of the high ambient noise level on the floor, but I shoved my microphone as close as I could safely get, considering it was whirling and pivoting. From a fit and finish standpoint, it looked nicer than I had expected. The standard blue and white was very attractive and the black on black would fit in even a home office without looking too much like the game peripheral that it is.

The fact that there was only one other motion simulator on the show floor, (the Einstein Project one shown above) and that it looked like something a home manufacturer would put together (the paint job looked like it was done with a brush) made the Yaw 2 look like the Belle of the Ball, but even stand alone, this is a very attractive, fairly small unit.

In operation, it was silky smooth. There were only a few negatives I sensed while riding. One was the frame rate would drop fairly often and I observed several stutters. I meant to ask them what the configuration was of their show PC's, and it would help to know what their settings were for X-Plane, as I'm guessing we'll all be able to smooth that out on our own systems. Another thing that seemed to challenge the Yaw VR team is the device would get out of calibration fairly easily and relatively often, which would mean your view would be offset to one side of the other, or some level of recalibrating would be required, often from one user to another. They were using motion compensation, and it appeared to be within the Yaw software. I was surprised at how quickly the batteries drained on these devices, though. There was also an occasional lag between in-game motion and chair motion. Again, this may be more of a PC and/or Yaw VR software setting, but several of the "test pilots" commented on the lag.

Something that will come out when I do the video, though, is the design is far from being finished. I was expecting a much more finished, ready to ship product, and to be able to tick off one question after another, but many of the questions you folks wanted answers to have no answers yet. Off the top of my head, things that are still under development are: The USB Hub (the number of connections and the location); The desk configuration (the one with holes in it is temporary, as is the mounting method); the Smart Plug, and its very existences (No smart plug was on the show units, and I was surprised when Zsolt told me they are still trying to determine IF there will be a SmartPlug on the Yaw 2);

The configuration of the casters; how the casters will mount, and how much weight will be required for the counter weights (probably a function of waiting for the final weight and distribution to be determined); the method of mounting accessories on each side (the four holes shown above are not the final design - he mentioned there will be an option to mount a standard aluminum extrusion on each side); the footrest (Zsolt said it is close to the final configuration, but not final); The HDMI/DP pass through (Zsolt says they now think the HDMI might be too "old technology" and are seriously looking at offering a paid option for a Display Port pass through. However, the company in China with whom they are working still hasn't committed to a price at Yaw VR's volumes); there will be some sort of silicon base that will keep the device planted on smooth floors, and reduce, or eliminate movement and scratching, but they have yet to determine the exact configuration of this; a center mount for a flight stick (he mentioned they are developing a mount solution that will span the two footrest poles, but don't have the design completed).

It will likely not be until I return home that my overview video will be ready to be released. I'll do what I can to improve on this, but today's is packed with other activities, and tomorrow is a cross country travel day.

In summary, I was impressed with the Yaw 2, and very impressed with the team. My expectations that what I would see would be a unit on the verge of shipping, with only a few minor tweaks and additions, were not fulfilled, though. Zsolt said they expect to to start shipping Kickstarter units in October, and have all pledged devices shipped out by January, but based on what I saw, this is a very optimistic projection, on both ends.

More to come!

https://discord.com/channels/446059877723537418/820367423978995753/891698366633869363

Sashmigo und SolKutTeR gefällt das.
  6. Kurz gesagt, ist es wohl ein sehr vielversprechendes Produkt, was aber definitiv noch nicht Ende nächsten Monat in Auslieferungszustand sein wird - etwas unverständlich, warum Yaw VR dann immer noch solche über-optimitischen Prognosen abgibt. Sei‘s drum, die Pro Version wird ja eh erst später kommen. Da bin auch froh drüber, falls sie es jetzt echt innerhalb weniger Wochen quasi fertigbügeln wollen und sofort ausliefern. Hoffentlich geben sie sich für alles noch ein paar Monate bis es fertig ist.

Werde mal mein Cockpit ohne Motion Teil wieder in Betrieb nehmen, und dann 2022 mich auf das Yaw 2 freuen!

Sashmigo gefällt das.
  7. und weitere Videos .....:cool:

Ich überlege echt mir die Yaw 2 erstmal ohne Heave (vielleicht auch erstmal ohne Yaw)zuzusenden zu lassen.Nach Discord Gerüchten, kann
    die G-plattform locker noch ein Jahr dauern.Eventuell würde es später auch eine Surge/Sway/Heave Plattform als Addon geben .Ich bin auch ziemlich unentschlossen was ich von den Combipaketen
    halten soll.Zu einem wird es schwieriger Reperaturen vorzunehmen , wenn alles in einer plattform steckt uns im Notfall bei Rücksendung schwerer. Zum anderen weiss ich natürlich nicht wie dann
    die Stabilität bei mehr als zwei Plattformen ist.Obwohl ich mir vorstellen kann, das je höher ,desto besser für den Pitch.

#187 Sashmigo, 27. September 2021
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 27. September 2021
    SolKutTeR und axacuatl gefällt das.
  8. Yaw ist ja auch gar nicht soo wichtig - ich werde auf jeden Fall das Yaw Modul zurückstellen lassen, damit ich ggf. ein Kombi Modul bekommen kann. Erstmal reicht dann ein Roll & Pitch Yaw 2.

Sashmigo gefällt das.
  9. sehe ich genauso(y)

10. Das VR Sim Wizard Video ist online , indem er Zsolt interviewt und die gewünschten Fragen der Community stellt.

SolKutTeR und axacuatl gefällt das.